Blaaaaaaaaahhh

I am finding it to be a losing battle to feed Colby dinner. The child just does not eat, even his favorite things. I know he is just in a picky toddler stage, but it is driving me nuts. So in my search to try to feed him fun foods, I made these yummy little BBQ ranch chicken and cheddar roll em'ups (that is a mouthful) from Picky Palate. I am so excited right because they look incredible and taste really yummy too.
They have everything this boy likes, bread, cheese, chicken, BBQ sauce...it was bound to be a success!
WRONG-OHHH (as we say in our house)
Wait, wait, wait for it...."Blaaaaaahhhh!" I mean, come on!! Really?? As I am typing this he is even saying, "I am not eating those things"...well he didn't and he went to bed without dinner yesterday night. This is just my strong-willed little boy. He will not bend, even if it means no dinner, even if bribed with the most scrumptious dessert or prize...nope...not Colby. I am convinced he might starve into his early childhood...unless he can eat his favorite foods. What makes his frown turn upside down?
Tortillas...I finally had a successful batch (okay I have only tried two times and my second recipe was much better than the first).
He likes them especially with ranch dressing. Wheels and Cheese, PB&J (he could eat it every day), hot dogs, spaghetti, corn dogs, all fruit especially blueberries and watermelon, anything snack like (fruit snacks, chips, crackers), and juice of any kind (see that smile).
But his favorite thing in the world....CHOCOLATE...he'll take it in any form.
Note: Chocolate here, chocolate there, chocolate everywhere!!!

The official Chocolate Coma! - I love this face...as funny as it is Colby has always been the master of making funny faces in pictures. Classic!

4 comments:

  1. The new recipe I would have even tried! HA HA! I know this has got to be frustrating...Maybe at your Mom's house he will be better....Wishful thinking huh?! Can't wait to see y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a funny little guy! Why do we put so much energy into meals when all's we would have to do is give them a bowl of chocolate? Man...we've been wasting out time in the kitchen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is so cute. I can't believe how big your boys have grown since I last saw them! Isn't being a mother fun? (well atleast some of the time)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post CRACKED ME UP! I feel like I've been so behind on your blog! So much to comment on, I can't even remember. I'm glad y'all are doing so well and glad your dad's okay!

    ReplyDelete