The Fourth

I feel like I have been playing catch-up since vacation, and I need to get totally caught up before we leave again! We had a great 4th. We went swimming for a good part of the day, attended a family BBQ, and then went to see fireworks. Brods looks so big in his hat and shoes. I cannot believe he is almost one years old. Colby is growing up way too fast too. Because we are never apart and because his growth is a little more subtle it is not until I go back and look at pictures from months back that I realize just how much he has changed.
The best one as we tried to bribe Colby with a promised light stick if he would just take one good picture for us. We will spare you the details of what happened next.
Brody's fav thing to do now, hold hands and walk! He giggles the whole time.

So Big. So Fast! I can't believe it.
Colby told me the other day, "mommy when Brody comed out of your belly at the hospital and I held him...that's when I first falled in love with him."
Waiting for fireworks in the hot, hot summer night! Brody was so funny, surprisingly he stayed on the blanket and did not venture into the grass. He would just crawl around the perimeter of the blanket.
One promised glo stick!
Daddy and Brods waiting for the fireworks
It was way, way past Brods bedtime, and he was getting pretty ornery close to 9pm. We kept trying to rock him to sleep, to no avail. The fireworks started a little late and Brody took about two peeks at them. They were so loud literally right over our heads, and they were like a sweet lullaby for Brody. He instantly went to sleep. Kids...aren't they crazy?


If there is one thing that I love the most about Colby, it is his enthusiasm for all things in life. I love this picture because it really captures the essence of him, if we could only add all the cute words coming out of his mouth and the hands shaking and body shaking in complete excitement then you would know my sweet Colby! He could not have been happier to see those fireworks and hear all the booming!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe how big the boys look in these pics!! So Sweet! And what Colby said about Brody when he came out of your belly...MELTED ME! Can't wait to see y'all in Texas come this weekend!! YEA!

    ReplyDelete