Memorial Day

We spent most of the day just resting at home and hanging out with the kids, and then we went to Matt's parent's house to swim and eat. We had a great time swimming. It really was Brody's first time in the pool and he loved it. I had tried a few weeks earlier, but started by trying to put him in a floaty thing and he screamed, but he was totally happy in my arms floating around and laughing. Colby had a great time too. We brought the slide over that he got for his birthday last year. For a while he and I played pirate and sailed our blow up pirate ship to the deep end. I made him walk the plank (the diving board), and he survived the shark infested waters before climbing back on the boat.  Anyway it was a great day. We showed Colby a little bit of the news (it was about the Vietnam Memorial) and talked to him about why we celebrate the day. 

1 comment:

  1. AHH! I love these pics of y'all in the pool! I love the pirate role playing...ARGH!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete