Fishing Round Two


So on Sunday we gave it another try. We just went across the street from our house to the Power Ranch pond and gave it a whirl! We could see the little baby fish in the water by the bridge, oddly enough. Colby and I have been there a lot in the last few weeks on our morning runs, and we have never seen the baby fish. The pond is full of gigantic koi and tons of very large other fish (that dad thinks are talapia). Are talapia even fresh water fish? Anyway, I was really glad to have dad there, it was like taking a walk down memory lane. It seems like I spent a lot of my childhood fishing. I am just thankful I didn't have to put the worm on the hook or take the fish off of it afterward...ewwww. I mean that is way more disgusting than human anatomy lab??! What?? I don't know what is wrong with me...I know I could do it, but I don't want to.  Colby was so excited to reel in all the fish, I was so proud of him for holding them while grandpa got the hook out and throwing them back in the water. We caught several blue gill and I think two little bass. It was really fun. I am so glad that dad can come and visit us and he can teach Colby all these cool things. It's a good thing that we got the cast off a few days later...yucky!  We love you dad and are so glad that you came! 


1 comment:

  1. So sweet! These pics kinda remind me of when my Dad would take Bronson fishing...:) Of course he was older, but it is always so neat to hear the stories about their fishing trips!

    ReplyDelete