Where Are You Christmas

Christmas did not linger this year. It seems like every year, things get busier and busier and time goes by faster and faster. When I was little we didn't put up the tree until 2 weeks sometimes just the week before Christmas. It was my family's way of trying to keep the worldly part of Christmas out of reach at least for a little while, but despite the fact that the tree was up for a lot less time, it seemed like Christmas lingered on a little longer. Now it just seems to come and go! I guess that this is what it is like to grow up, sometimes I wish my perspective didn't change as an adult and I could see the world through the eyes of a child again. Don't get me wrong, there are so many things I love about being an adult at Christmas...by far the best one is to watch my own children experience the magic of it all. Thank goodness for them, they make it so much fun.
Colby woke up first Christmas morning. He was so sweet to wait patiently for about 20min for little Brody to wake up. Brody actually never got up, we woke him up. Lucky little boys, Santa brought exactly what was on their lists. Colby ended up with a Nintendo DSI, an Imaginext Space Rocket, and a slinky toy. Brody got a ride on car, and a slide, which he broke in all morning long, probably sliding down it about 50 times. And low and behold Santa even brought Daddy just what he asked for, a money tree. Santa wasn't on top of his game with this one...it's a fake, but we didn't tell Colby that :) Don't look to closely or you'll see all one dollar bills...I guess Santa doesn't grant money wishes.
Brody is our little chocoholic. He found the big chocolate Santa in his stocking and sat in this very spot for about 30 minutes, just gnawing on it. Every time I tried to take it away he cried. I let him indulge...and he did all day.
Colby's Rocket
See, still gnawing.
Brandi, sent me this darling apron and gloves. She knew somebody that knew somebody and this lady actually custom made this for her. She wanted to give me a little piece of Texas...isn't she sweet. She has always been good to my boys, and she spoiled them this year too (no surprise). They loved everything and so did I!! Thank you so much girl!
After we had our Christmas at home we went to Mimi and Papa's house to open gifts and have brunch. This year we tried to tone it down over there and asked to draw names, but Mimi and Papa had other plans. The kids of course were in hog heaven, tearing open packages, and for a while the floor might have gone missing, and Brody may have even disappeared for a minute or two in all the paper. Then just when we thought all the craziness was simmering down, they made everyone close their eyes and brought out bikes for all the kids and Matt and I. One day, maybe one day, we can tame Christmas, but it wasn't this year, so we sucked it up (as difficult as it was :) ) and totally enjoyed it!
We never get pictures with Mimi, so I kept trying to signal Matt to sneak in some pictures. I thought this one was adorable.

Before the madness of unwrapping began, Brody was saying everyone's names, and we were all clapping for him. He was very proud of himself for saying "MiMi, PaPa, and GiGi"
Let the madness begin....

We had a great Christmas, and even got to come home early in the day this year. We spent the night relaxing and winding down from all the excitement. We missed everyone in Texas for sure, and hopefully next year we will be there somehow! It even snowed in Texas this year. We missed that snowy and icy Christmas day! Pretty cool considering it hadn't happened there since the 1920s. Happy New Year Everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Cute pics, and you look so cute Beth! I LOVE the apron and gloves on you my dear!! Brody is getting to be such a big boy!!

    ReplyDelete