Tonto Natural Bridge

Dad got to spend almost 2 weeks with us. It was really nice to have him here. This time with Brody a little older we really were able to do more of the fun things we really enjoy doing, and that is hiking. I grew up camping and hiking, that is the only vacation we knew as kids, which is why I am sure I love it so much now. Colby loves to hike around and he really did a great job navigating some tough and steep places this trip. Marshall and Aimee let us borrow this awesome pack to carry Brody, and to our surprise he loved it and wanted to get in!!
One thing my parents both taught me was to enjoy the beauty of nature. My dad is so great at pulling Colby aside and showing him all the special and intricate detail of God's creations. He can answer all those great questions we ask as kids.."why is the sky blue, why do the leaves change colors, how do they change colors..." He also really supports me and has been teaching Colby gently the value of respecting adults (especially his mommy) and that working hard isn't a bad thing. Those are things my parents were so amazing at teaching us, and I never felt like I was on the chopping block or that those values were forced upon me, they just got the point across by being good examples, gave us firm discipline, and loved us like only parents can!
I never get tired of going to Tonto Natural Bridge, but we have only gone around Labor Day. We have never been this time of year. What a treat! There was so much water flowing out of the springs and some of the plants were just incredibly lush! There were all these amazing flowers and new types of moss I had never seen up under the bridge. It really was a sight to see.

On top of the bridge.

Okay, this was the coolest darn tree I have seen. First of all it was gigantic, and second it had these amazing branches just twisting together and growing out one side of the tree. Just goes to show, even if you are a little lop sided or crooked, you can still be beautiful!
Down by the stream just before heading up the bridge to the natural bridge.
We let Brody down out of the pack for a little bit to stretch his legs. Do you think he wanted to get back in after that? Yeah, no way!

Colby and Matt under the bridge.
We did eventually win the battle and got Brods back in the pack, and he fell fast asleep. So cute!

After we hiked this trail to go under the bridge, we hiked another super short one, that took us down to this beautiful waterfall. It was incredible.


1 comment:

  1. These are some incredible pics! I would love to go there someday when I come to visit.hint hint! Brody in the pack is so cute! I love your Dad! He is such a good, cute GRAMPS! Colby was def. a trooper!

    ReplyDelete