Sneeky Christmas

I feel like Thanksgiving came and was over so quickly and then all the sudden Christmas just sneaked up on me. Hmm sneaked...doesn't sound right but snuck isn't right either...anyway you get the point. The night before Dad left we took him to see the Temple lights. I had all these Starbucks gift cards so we stopped and got hot chocolate on the way to warm our bellies while we walked around the lights. Carrying around those coffee cups was like missionary magnets it was kind of funny. It really was beautiful this year and there were so many "new to me" figures of the nativity and the people's lives surrounding the birth of Jesus Christ. We got there just about 7pm when the choir was singing and it was just a really sweet night and helped put me in the Christmas spirit.
A day or two later Colby wrote his letter to Santa. I think he did a great job. We worked together and he wrote his own letters in marker and then I traced over them with glue. (I wrote dear Santa and the may I please part... but he wrote all the rest and was in charge of all the decorations. That might be why there is a "shark bite" out of the corner of the page. He worked really hard on this. It has since been sent to the North Pole and he even got a return letter from postmarked from Santa and the North Pole (thanks to and insider connection- yeah I have good friends) where Santa listed specific good deeds he did to make the nice list this year. Of course Brody got one too. He also got 4 phone calls from Santa tomorrow on Christmas Eve so Santa could let him know the progress on his journey to our house for tomorrow night. Pretty cool hugh?


No comments:

Post a Comment