Here Comes Santa Claus

Every year, the Greenwald's Christmas Eve tradition, is to have dinner together and read the Christmas story from the bible while the little ones "act" the parts of all the biblical characters. It never fails though that the "big kids" also play a role (probably because they just can't let it go :) or more often than not we have not had enough little ones. Last year I had to play Mary, and Brody was baby Jesus. This year the naked doll got the role of Jesus, and I had to carry the sheep because he wasn't cooperating. So needless to say it is always a sad production, but always fun and meaningful.
Before we read the scriptures Taya gives a short FHE lesson for the kiddos. This year she talked about the different symbols of Christmas (i.e: Holly, Angels, Candy Canes..etc)
I hate to say this, but Clint, you look a little bit like a terrorist...
Uncle Dave did a fantastic job reading the story, and even improvised and added in the part about the Wisemen (that actually comes much later in the bible- I think they arrive when he is about 1 month old)
We all voted that Courtney should have actually put on the size 3T angel costume, but she too improvised and well, Callen we aren't sure what kind of Shepard you are, but you might be from Mexico, and you might also have though you were playing the role of the Karate Kid. Conner... Colby informed us you were the fearless leader of the Wisemen, you do in fact look fearless with that crazy beard on...I'm just not sure if you are the fearless leader of the Wisemen...maybe an Amish Hell's Angel!
There is nothing funny to say about this adorable sheep. Although had I not cropped my face out we could have said something funny about me :)

Colby was a great King, his staff could use a little work, but it served its purpose. We had a great night. It was so great to see Courtney and John. Bentley and Gracie were so big, and so adorable, and little Lucy, oh my gosh, precious! Of course if I left out how excited Colby was about Santa coming it would be a crime. He was literally on pins and needles. Counting down every hour of every day. We had special privileges with Santa this year and got to call him 4 times to see where abouts he was. We made the last call when we got home from Mimi and Papa's house. Colby hand selected all the cookies for Santa and put them along with some milk by the Christmas tree. He had no problems going to sleep that night. Despite all the poking fun, I love all my cousins and they played excellent and memorable rolls in the play! What a fun night!

1 comment:

  1. Your commentary about everyone's costumes had me cracking up! You are too funny! I'm glad you guys had a wonderful Christmas eve! Can't wait to hear about all the Christmas day fun!

    ReplyDelete