Last week I was lucky enough to have Brandi come and visit. It was so fun. Bless her heart, she is so patient with my little rag-a-muffins, and with me. She was gracious enough to forgive me for being late to the airport, and then she even came to a babysitting coop meeting with me with me the night she got here. That's what friends are for! The weekend flew by because we stayed busy. Friday afternoon we drove up to the cabin and stayed the night, and Saturday afternoon we got to have some girlie time shopping in Scottsdale.
The famous picture taking spot. We have got to get out of this rut, but it is just so darn beautiful.

I am so proud of Brandi. She has been dieting and exercising, so we tried to watch our calories and we went on lots of walks when she was here. She lost 6lbs in like 5 weeks! Yippee!
She has been a trooper making it through boot camp back home, but those hills combined with the elevation at the cabin were a great workout!

Brody had so much fun on the swing (and so did Matt and I)!

Colby was "discovering bones" (in his own words) on the side of the mountain. "Those rocks were actually the dinosaurs caves, that errupted into tiny rocks, and I am the only one that can climb that high on the rocks." -Colby-
Combine kids with rocks, mountains and all the excitement of being at the cabin and there is bound to be an injury...Colby fell backward into a table upstairs and hit his head right behind his ear. It was a pretty ugly lump and cut. Poor kiddo, but cartoons and ice packs make everything better....and so does ice cream...
Brody loves ice cream! What kid doesn't right?
Brandi was laughing at me taking these pictures...it was like the paparazzi swarming J-Lo or something. What can I say...I love my messy kids.

Can you believe that is it? I was so bummed. Out of all the good times we had, Brandi and I only got one lousy picture? Really? This always happens! Darn it! &*#@@!!! Okay, okay....we did get a least one! I just find it funny, we talk about it so much...and we never get pictures. It was so good to have her here...it brought a little piece of home to AZ.

1 comment:

  1. AHH! Beth-A-Boo! I love ya! And I heart Colby and Brody SO MUCH! I love Colby and all his craziness and cuteness, and Brody and his chocolate covered face! MISS AND LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete