So Big So Fast

Time flies on wings of lightening! Where are my little boys? Who took them? I really wish some days that I could just freeze time. Colby started his first day of Preschool now two weeks ago. I can hardly believe he will be in Kindergarten next year, and Brody has been walking for about a month now and is saying his first words (ball, wow, uh-oh, mama, dada). Brody's favorite game now is peek-a-boo and/or being chased, and he loves any kind of ball he can get. Colby loves anything make believe. There is not a day that goes by I am not in some sort of alien adventure, pirate quest, or transformer show down. When is it exactly that all that fun and imagination gets sucked out of you? Well, mine is long gone, and some days it is painstakingly difficult to pretend just five more minutes that Darth Vader has me trapped in a dungeon while the aliens are trying to steal my treasure, and the Transformers are hunting the aliens. I try to tell this boy that mommy likes to play other things because I am girl, but that just doesn't work. And well Brody, he is pretty self-entertained as long as he is not seeking trouble which is most of the time. Climbing is his new adventure. He climbs in and out of the bathtub, up the stairs, up any furniture he can reach and he loves rolling off of the ottoman down stairs. So since I can't freeze them I guess I will have to enjoy them and let their little personalities melt my heart each day (or turn it to stone when they are terrors j/k)!! I love these boys.








It's hard to imagine right now, that both of them will one day at least equal their daddy's size, and if the predictions are right tower 3 inches above him. Yipes!

1 comment:

  1. Time does fly. I can't believe Bradley will also be in Kindergarten next year. I do have to admit I am excited. I can't believe how much your boys have grown since I last saw them!

    ReplyDelete