Home Sweet Home

Things I Love About Texas....
The anticipation of getting there!
My Family
My sweet mama!
I love this picture....it's totally mom and I. We only butt heads because we are so much alike! Scary!
My Sistas!! There is nothing better than sisters!! The years have brought us different lives, but I know that no matter what we will always love each other! Even when times are rough! My friend Jen's blog says, "At the end of the day, a loving family should find everything forgivable!" We do!
Who's the tallest? Marcie is really the tallest, I only look it cause my shoes, Mel's on her tippy toes- Mel and I keep dreaming we had Marcie's long legs!

Colbs with Mel's kiddos AJ and Drew!
My Cousin Colin, his wife Meghan, and newest addition Madison.
My Grandma - looks pretty awesome for 92 doesn't she!
AJ I can't believe how grown up you are sweet girl!
I finally got some really great pics of mom with the kids!
Mama's House

If there is one thing I love about Texas, it is my Mama's house. I always feel grounded there. It is a modest home now over 36 years old and there is no place like it. The big pecan trees out back, the garden, the big oak trees, the barn, the pastures, the gravel drive! I just can't adequately describe how good it feels to drive up Parker Rd. and see that little old yellow house!
Thunderstorms
It rained a lot when were there! I love it. We just don't get rain, thunder and lightening here in AZ like the stuff in Texas. I love to watch it! I cherish monsoon season here like a kid in a candy store because it brings back memories of Texas.


Cottontail Bunnies
Oh the bunnies, they are timid, but not afraid. We just sat and watched them for a while. When I was growing up after bad rain storms, we would all go outside and make sure all the baby bunnies were safe, and often times there were some in very wet nests. We would bring them in and seriously raise them until they were old enough to live alone and then release them. Don't get me started on all my crazy nature stories...there are a gazillion, but I love the bunnies.
Fresh Homemade Peach Sorbet
Jon my mom's hubby made the best fresh peach sorbet! It was incredible and Brody ate tons...
The Best Old Toys
Mom has kept the most fun old toys and Colby loves all of them. Tinker Toys, old metal trucks with Coca Cola logos and real little coke bottles to put in the truck, the best old books...
The auto harp! I knew Colby would love this thing. He wanted to carry it around everywhere.
Our little Indian!! Brody never wears hats, but he would just leave this on.
Simplicity!
Who knew playing with veggies could be so much fun!
Yes, that is a gi-nor-mongous zucchini from the garden.
Seriously, they played with a bucket of like 6 veggies for about 30 min.
My Boys Getting to Play with the Aunties!




Playing With Cousins!
Colby and Drew played a ton! Drew was fantastic with Colby! He even shared his DS with Colby a few times, but after Colby slobbered on it...that was pretty much it...and Colby kept saying "My other cousin called Andrew lets me play with it all the time, he shares." It was so funny.
They played treasure chest with this old trunk that was Jon's mom's trunk for hours.
They played at the park in Allen a few minutes from mama's house.



They tried to go swimming at a big "real" pool one day and it didn't work out, so they played in the driveway of mom's house in a little pool. Colby didn't care, and Drew was a brave boy when he got stung by a bee.
Brody with cousin Madison. He was so sweet with her, he kept giving her hugs and loving on her it was precious!

3 comments:

  1. That looks like such a good time. That's what I want for my kids a yard to run around in and get lost in and to go on adventures and save bunnies. You must have had lots of adventures.
    We are so glad that you are back though

    ReplyDelete
  2. These turned out SOOOO good!!! I know y'all had a blast when you were here! Good memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I bet it was so nice to recharge your batteries seeing your fam. You and your sis's are so GORGEOUS! And I'm totally stealing that quote from Jen's blog... I needed that, so thanks :)

    ReplyDelete