OUCH!

On Tuesday afternoon Colby broke his arm! I didn't see it happen, but he fell near our basement grates. I knew something was wrong when he wouldn't stop crying 20 minutes after he hurt it, and he told me "it feels funny inside."  Even still, Colby really likes to watch cartoons when he gets a bump or scrape. So when he kept asking for more "toons" to make his "ouie" feel better I thought maybe this was just a ploy to watch more cartoons than his allotted amount! The PT in me couldn't tell it was broken, because he was able to move through his normal range of motion, there was no deformity or edema, and he could squeeze my  hand pretty good. He favored it all night and used it a little, but by Wednesday morning he wasn’t using it at all and I knew we needed to take him for an xray. I let him go to preschool and then we took him to urgent care. Two hours later we had our results back, a buckle fracture of his left distal radius (and yes Colby can tell you that),  and he needed to see and orthopedist and get a cast. He has been such a brave boy, I was so proud him!!  Oddly enough this week his favorite thing to do with me has been to look at my anatomy book and learn about his body...so that made this as fun as I guess a broken arm can be. He has learned this week that other than being mom, I went to school to be a therapist and he has reminded daddy several times, "you are not a physical therapist because you don't have the cool book." Cute!






1 comment:

  1. My poor COLBS!!! Such a BRAVE boy though!! I love you COLBY!

    ReplyDelete