Miracles

Most of you know that a sweet family in our ward, The Kimballs, had a rough new year! Brother Kimball had pneumonia and while in the hospital for that found out that he had a serious and grave heart condition. After a long recovery from severe pneumonia, he was able to have open heart surgery which came with it's share of complications as well! I remember literally feeling my heart ache for this family and Joseph as Matt would give me the updates of his condition each day. I remember spending a lot of time on my knees for a week or two, but I can tell you that the Lord answers our prayers. I know that fasting is a true principal, and if we do it with a purpose the Lord will do that which is right according to his will. Look at him go!! We got the privilege of getting to know the Kimballs a little better during this trial! Just last weekend they held a barbecue as a thank you for everyone's service to their family. I really felt silly going, because aside from going out one night to learn how we could help them with all their horses I never really did anything, but I was honored like I said to get to know them better.  Joseph Kimball is the kind of man that you want to be respected by. He teaches Gospel doctrine at church and is just really great at being able to bring the spirit into each lesson. Not too long before he began his struggle he gave a lesson by President Monson that talked about "enjoying the journey".  I remember that, that lesson really touched me, and I remember him saying something about how we "just don't know how long we will get here on this earth" or something to that affect. What a miracle. Anyway, the pictures below are from the barbecue and it was so much fun. Colby had a ball. They had a huge blow up slide, great food, great company, and then to top it off we got to see Joseph and his friend rope cattle.  Even more awesome still...I got to ride and so did Colbs.  You won't see any pictures of me though, cause Matt took them all of the horses rear end and they were not flattering. What a great night! Matt and I joke all the time that Joseph looks just like Ty Murray the bull rider married to Jewel that is on Dancing with the stars. Seriously they could be brothers! I am just amazed at how he can swing that rope just a few months after surgery! 












No comments:

Post a Comment