Thanksgiving Blessings

Yesterday my sweet Colby had his preschool program and Thanksgiving feast. I am so proud of him, he stood up with his class and sang every song like such a big boy!


I hate to even admit it, but I was a little misty eyed. He is growing up so fast, and over the past few months has really matured in so many ways. He knows the whole alphabet phonetically and is now sounding out words and trying to read. He is counting with confidence, and has a great analytical mind. Probably his favorite things to do are to play outside, to construct things out of blocks, and to draw all kinds of pictures. He is drawing much better and more detailed than he was just a month ago. He loves drawing dinosaurs, people with really long legs, maps, and hearts. I really can't believe he is 4.5 years old and will be starting kindergarden next year.

This is a video of Colby singing at his program. He is singing the zoofari alphabet song. Please excuse the horrible videotaping, I had a camera, the video camera, and a wiggley Brody in my lap :)

Colby loves his friend Maxwell. Sometimes they make trouble together....but they are the best of friends. Colby used to get really upset with Maxwell because he would call him "Toby" --learning all the sounds of the letters is hard! But now they just get each other.

A couple of weeks ago Colby decided spinning in the office chair would be fun, and Brody had to join in...this next clip is of Brody and Colby spinning till they are sick.

So, reflecting on this time of year, I have so much to be Thankful for, so many I could never list them all, but I am most thankful for my family - my two sweet boys that have taught me so much, the most patient and giving husband in the world, my wonderful parents who have taught me so much over the years and my wonderful sisters and brother... together we have something pretty incredible, really different than most families, and I am grateful for the incredible bond we have no matter our differences...this is real love. I am grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ. There are many moments I have shrunk in awe and humility at our Father in Heaven's masterful plan. I am thankful for my beautiful home, I am thankful for Matt's incredible job, for my incredible best friend, and that God has blessed my mom and dad both this year with miracles of healing strength and health despite some rocky roads. Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Love ya.

1 comment:

  1. Ok..I got misty eyed too watching Colby sing and he is not even MINE! He is just getting TOO BIG..:( SO CUTE! I am so proud of him! The boys spinning cracked me up! I am so thankful for you Beth, and not only for our sisfriendship (new word i just came up with!) but I am thankful for the love of your boys. I am thankful for Matt. I love y'all with ALL of my heart!

    ReplyDelete