Back To School

We are back to school and loving it! Both Colby and Brody love school so much.
Colby loves having a routine and keeping track of his schedule all day. He has his day planned down to the minute. Routine and rigid schedules are comforting to him and we have learned this summer that Colby loves to check the clock. He has me on a schedule. He will even tell me when I need to start preparing dinner. I just bought him a "silly band" watch, and he has loved wearing it. He will say, "mom it's 7:07, 23 more minutes until I get to leave, or mom it's 4:24 - 36 more minutes till dinner time..you should probably start dinner."
I can't believe how grown up Brody looks in this picture. He loves his school. He is our social butterfly for sure! Where Colby loves school because he loves to do school work, Brody loves school because he loves people and "friends." We started at one school that just wasn't right, but now have settled at a great school. Discovery Day (at the Episcopal church up the road). He only has 7 kids in his class, and Mrs. Longo his teacher is incredible! He goes three days a week - for a long time (8:30-2:30), and even though I miss him; it it is perfect for him. We are so proud of Brody. He needed to be potty trained for school, and he did it! In less than a week! He has only had 2 accidents and they were now more than a week ago!! I am so glad not to have 2 in diapers anymore! We are hoping for a fantastic school year!

2 comments:

  1. I love that your boys enjoy school! It is such a good thing! Way to go on the potty training in one week! That is so exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colby is just so funny! I love him! I can hear his voice now on the "clock watching!" LOVE THAT BOY! Brody is getting SO big! I remember like it was yest. holding him as a baby! Time is flying by! Miss y'all! :)

    ReplyDelete