2 Months

It's hard to believe that my precious baby is 2 months old. Our house had a revolving door of guests from the week before Kellan was born until he was almost 6 weeks old. At times it was a little chaotic, but I am so glad that everyone got to meet him and love on him a little. Michelle and Mom came at the end of July when he was about a month old.
Mel, was really the first one to hold him "so long." He was such a sleepy baby the first 3 weeks, we didn't hold him all that much, because he was happy to be laid down and sleep for several hours.
Colby and Brody have been the best big brothers. Colby especially has been such a helper, and is so interested in his new brother. He loves to help with diaper changes.
By the time my mama got here, he was nearly 4 weeks old, and he was beginning to show the signs of a true Greenwald baby - what I mean is - all my babies have had their fair share of difficulties as little ones, and he was now no exception (darn it). He loved my mama though, and she new just how to hold him and get him to sleep. It was so good to have our Gram here!

Colby and Brody both think that giving him a bath is the coolest thing! They both loved to help wash him with the wash cloth, and the minute he peed in the tub - it was mayhem. We got a major case of the sillys- gotta love boys!
Brody has been a very sweet big brother. He has gone through a little bit of a rough time adjusting to new baby, but he really has worked most of that out now. I love this picture. Even though you can barely see Brody - you can see they are both smiling- at each other.
This is our sweet boy truly 2 months old.
Where does the time go? With Brody and Colby now in school, it is really strange just me and baby - all alone - kind of nice - but I can't help but feel something is missing. I am reminded of Pres. Monson's conference talk where he talks about children growing up and leaving the house, and how all too soon we will dearly miss the things that might have been challenging in the raising of our children. I do...I already feel it...time goes by too quickly.
Even though time has slipped away, the days have really seemed so long at times. I am trying my absolute best to cherish each moment, and be grateful for the gift of family and motherhood.
It is truly a blessing.

1 comment:

  1. He is SO SO precious! I can't wait to hold him, and see him and y'all! I hope his hair stays dark! :)

    ReplyDelete