On The Mend

Despite the bruising looking worse, we are actually on the mend. Brody went to see the doctor today and she said that he doesn't appear to have any deformity of his nose, but he does have a lot of swelling left. She has to see him again on Friday just to be absolutely certain there is no hematoma, and to check everything out one more time. He doesn't seem to be bothered unless he bumps it or rubs it and then he does cry. I can't imagine the headache he must have.
The first two pics are him yesterday, and the bottom one is today. He was happily playing peekaboo and saying "cheeeese" for the camera.
Colby might be able to get his stitches out Friday, and he is totally fine. His cut is coming together nicely and looks so much better. Colby loves the camera too, it's all he can do to get me to take a billion pictures of him making silly faces, so he can crack up at himself looking at them later. He is such a goof ball. My brother and I used to do this for what seemed like hours at night in the bathroom mirror laughing at ourselves and each other....hmmm...wonder where Colby got this silly gene?
Thank goodness for the wisdom of children. The simplicity of their sweet spirits and their natural resiliency to all the little and even big trials they deal with is a reminder to me to slow down and stop stressing over the little stuff....well..at least I can try....

3 comments:

  1. When I first saw the picture of Brody I think my heart skipped a beat...BUT then I kept reading and knew that he IS OK, that he is resilient, and that it could have been so much worse. I just know that years down the road these two boys will have some stories to tell, and hopefully laugh about with you and Matt!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! You have gone through a lot since I was last on line! I am glad to hear that they are doing ok from all that occurred!!! Poor boys!!!! Miss you!!!

    PS: THank you so much for that beautiful, sweet, tender, dearing, wonderful letter you wrote me! It made my day and will forever be so special to me! THank you so much!!! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still can't believe all that happened. I feel so bad for Brody... I feel his pain of falling into somehing and breaking his nose. When I did it, it was NO fiN. They both looked so much better Sunday when I
    saw them!!!! It's good to see your boys bounce back fast!

    ReplyDelete