My First Frame!

Okay, so I have wanted a miter saw forever! I have been looking on craigslist and even borrowed a friend's saw to see if I really was ready for this kind of tool. Anyway, the reason I have wanted one is to start making frames. I have wanted to do this for a long time, and I knew it would not be as easy as buying a saw and cutting some wood. It is a pretty tedious task. You have to be very good at math and measuring! If your cuts or miters are off by even a little bit your pieces do not line up and fit together. My dad gave me some money at Christmas to put towards this hobby at Christmas and helped me make actually my very first frame, but he did most of the work. Unbeknown to me, Matt gave his parents the idea that I wanted a saw, and so between the two of them I was able to get the saw I wanted and a new blade with 80 teeth to cut the wood just so. I am pleased to announce I have finished my first project. I started with simple inexpensive molding and a small (8x10 and 5x6) frame size to make sure I could do it, and I think I am hooked! Next up...some way cooler molding and a much, much bigger frame.

SHHH....The person I am giving this to, doesn't know about it yet.

2 comments:

  1. WOW! This looks really good Beth! You are SO crafty! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh where or where have you been? Oh wait, where have I been? I have thought about you for the upteenth time this week and suck as a friend and picking up the phone! I am so sorry!! I am ready for this week to be over so that I can get back among the living. I was thinking about our Roundtable date coming up next week and hoping you're still up for it! Maybe ice cream afterwards for some quality girl time? I miss you! And I LOVE the frame!! You are so unbelievably talented!! Have so much fun...but be careful with that saw!

    ReplyDelete