Forever In A Day

It seems like forever-in-a-day since I have blogged. I was thinking, I have nothing to blog about, my life is just boring day to day tasks of raising two boys and trying to stay sane most days. But then I remembered a quote from Marjorie Hinkley, and my boring little existence, while I am not sure it compares to Sister Hinkley's, didn't seem so boring anymore....it's the day-to-day simple things that in the end are so beautiful. So I am going to blog my boring details! I know one day I will look back at these simple moments and cherish them.
"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails.
I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp.
I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children.
I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden.
I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder.
I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."
Brody and I had so much fun Tuesday night rolling around on Colby's bed. He loves Colby's bed. We had so much fun giggling and playing peek-a-boo. I cherish these moments with Brody, I find myself enjoying baby more, the second time around, and I just don't want him to grow up!


Last week Colby must have eaten something rotten. He spent most of the wee hours of Thursday morning throwing up in our room (It won't be peanut butter smeared on my shirt-like sister Hinkley) He was so tired the next day, but woke up early still, he just kept going like that all weekend, until Saturday afternoon, he just sacked out on our bed. Sleeping children are just so precious! I love steeling kisses and peeks while my kiddos are sleeping.
Brody loves the bath tub, he screams to get in, even before the water is in there. He got this cute hoodie towel for his birthday and he was so cute we had to snap a few pictures.


Last week, Colby and I found this beautiful hummingbird feeder on clearance. We had so much fun learning about hummingbirds and making the sugar water to feed them, but we weren't sure if they would like it, b/c they didn't seem to like the other little feeder I have. To our surprise they loved it! I think it was the food, I had bought a pre-packaged kind before, but it turns out that they love the homemade stuff. We know have lots of hummingbird friends that Colby talks to and watches. I am a sucker for nature, probably because my mom & dad made us watch all those darn PBS series with David Attenburrough. Funny thing, if they were still on, I'd probably watch them! :)


While we were watching the hummingbirds we played outside
Oh yeah, Daddy had his 31st birthday! Poor Daddy doesn't even get a picture. Brody played in the box of peanuts from a present, and Colby burried stuffed animals in the box of peanuts and shipped them to mom and dad from his shipping company later that afternoon.

Brody had just gotten up from his morning nap and his hair was standing on end, I just can't stand it, I love that fuzzy bed head! He was eating lunch so I snapped some most precious shots.
It's gonna be really hard to tell this little boy "no" look at those puppy eyes.
So that's it, in a long nutshell, my boringness displayed for all of you to read...or never even make it this far because you were too bored....but I am now counting my blessings for my so-called boring weeks.

2 comments:

  1. I loved the quote from Sister Hinckley! It is so true! I love reading what you have to say and dont think it is at all boring! In fact I would give the WORLD to be in your shoes having those everyday moments with such sweet little boys! I live through your joy and hope someday someday! There will be a time when you look back and will smile and will be so glad that you wrote them down cause those simple joys or boring everyday things are going to be the ones so missed after they grow up! I so think you are amazing and so LOVE all your sweet " not boring at all" moments of motherhood! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all these pictures! Brody is even bigger than when I saw him a month ago!! WOW! So cute! I love reading about your everyday moments with the boys. It makes smile, laugh, and makes me feel closer to you and them! Miss and love ya!!

    ReplyDelete