Hula-by-biscus


So you already know last week Colby got his immunizations. On Thursday afternoon (the day after) his little arm just started swelling up like a balloon and started to get red (the pictures). When I looked at it again closer to dinner time, his arm was even more swollen and it was spreading into his chest! Yipes! The one red spot turned into two then three. So I called his pediatrician who was about to close for the day and they said to take him to urgent care. We get there and quite quickly we get to see the doctor after triage. No surprise here...Colby gets all things weird and abnormally normal! :) If there is a 1% chance he will get something...he usually does...he is just one of those kids that falls into the few that have weird reactions. It's Greenwald Luck! The doctor said about 3% of kids get this reaction after their 4th DTaP immunization. Sometimes the whole arm swells. Sure enough the next day most of the swelling was gone, but he still has some redness almost a week later. Strange! Poor Kiddo!  Even in the midst of all the worry, kids have a way of just making you laugh. On the way home from urgent care, Colby talking to us non-stop as usual, says, "mama when will I see a hula-by-biscus again?" "What?" I say. " a hula-by-biscus mama." Then I realized what he was talking about. The night before he had picked me a flower out of the neighbors yard :) and I told him it was a hibiscus flower. So now Matt and I are calling all kinds of things hula-by-biscus just for fun....

No comments:

Post a Comment