Another Surprise!

Several months ago Matt and I decided to take the plunge and get a dog for us and the boys. Colby had been asking since before Brody was born, and now seemed like the right time for us. We searched for months to find the right breeder. Having grown up with labs my whole life and my parents breeding several litters of chocolate labs, I was pretty picky about what type (English), and who I would get a pup from, and we chose right! Colby had in his mind that he was going to get a puppy for his birthday, but we knew when we found the right breeder it would need to happen sooner so that we had time for lots of training and attention before baby is born. It just so happened that he was born in January and that meant that he would be ready to go home with us just around Spring Break. So we timed our trip just so, and drove to Cleburne, TX to pick him up the day after we got back from Disney. It was a crazy fun week filled with all kinds of treats and this was the icing on the cake! Again we didn't tell the boys until the morning we left to get him so it was a total surprise.
Meet Benji! We let the boys pick the name...it took a couple of days. Matt and I narrowed the choices down, and we both really liked the name "Toby" but neither of the boys liked that. I think Benji fits him just right.
I love, love this picture! So far he has been an excellent puppy. We had only one night that he cried and it was seriously for only a few seconds. He was pretty much potty trained when we got him at 8 weeks, and today he is 9 weeks old and getting the hang of house-breaking. His favorite toys, are the ones the boys picked out (a duck and a stuffed puppy, and ewwwh one the breeder gave him - some sort of disgusting hoof).
He loves to be outdoors, which is a good thing, because that is where he will spend the majority of his time in a few weeks, but for now he is inside with us and we are loving it.
Here are a few snaps shots of the boys from the first day we got him. Excuse the weed explosion in the backyard! We had been gone a week and the weed & feed mostly fed the weeds I think!
I have a bunch of pictures of Brody with Benji because he is home all day with me...Colby needs some more! They are both doing a really great job of helping to take care of their new puppy, and are quickly learning how to train him too!
Brody will always say to me, "I wanna love him mommy" and he will get down and lay his head on his back and then kiss his head, it is the sweetest thing!
The weather has been amazing and last week we had so much fun being outside with him.

I'm sure there will be plenty more pictures to come! We just wanted to introduce our newest family member, and can you believe it...it's another BOY!? What have we gotten ourselves into?

3 comments:

  1. SO SO SWEET!!!!!!!! :) He is adorable! Just like the rest of the BOYS in the family! Y'all will have him trained in no time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Surprises!!! I love that you did Disney and the puppy! SO fun for your boys!!! They will ALWAYS remember that! What a cute puppy!! I love the boys faces with him. Priceless!!! Congrats and look forward to hearing how he starts to fit into the blog and the family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I love the looks on your boys faces.

    ReplyDelete