My Brag Book

Years ago my Grandma Lyman (my Dad's mom) gave me this brag book. I stumbled upon it when I was at my mom's this summer, and yes that is me with Marcie (my sister). We still will never live down our hideously short boy hair cuts that my dad gave us himself (I think he secretly wanted us to be boys j/k). In the picture on the right I am rockin the chili-bowl cut! Being a kid was tough hugh? Anyhoo, it got me thinking, this blog is really my children's brag book...and mine somewhat continued into adulthood, a hopefully polite way to say look what we did, and aren't we cute...without really bragging too much. Hopefully, when my little guys are not so little anymore, they can look back it this brag book and laugh at themselves and have fond memories of their childhood too. So here's what we have been up to this month.


Colby and Matt scalped and overseeded our lawn for winter grass. We always have fun doing this believe it or not. The mowing takes a while. You have to mow it like 3 or 4 times to get the bermuda low enough to allow the seed to take.
Matt let Colby take the reins and mow the straight stretches by himself. He was thrilled, you could just see this twinkle in his eye.

Colby loves to help spread the seed and even though we end up with big clumps of dense grass from Colby dumping piles of seed in random places it doesn't matter. I love the winter grass. It is so soft to the touch, and you can roll around in it and not be itchy later. It's the perfect time to enjoy it here in AZ because the weather is just so beautiful most of the winter.

On the 10th we headed out to this place called Vertuccio Farms early in the morning. It was so fun. We had been to another pumpkin patch in Mesa the last 2 years and honestly it was pretty gross, so we checked out this place, and I am so glad we did. Colby "milked" a cow.

We rode huge sturdy tricyles, jumped in a bouncy house, drove pedal powered go carts (that were so big Matt fit), we got to look at and pet pigs, goats, a donkey, and a cow,and they had this cool pizza farm that was the shape of a pizza and each slice grew or grazed something that would make pizza.




The farm had the cutest little train made from barrels and it was painted like cows. That was super fun. Our driver was a little crazy and it was just us and one other little girl.

To top it all off we got to (partially) go through the biggest corn maze ever! You have to check it out, it was so cool. http://www.vertucciofarms.com/Corn_Maze_2009.html

We had a blast picking out our pumpkins and Colby picked the biggest pumpkin we have ever had. Colby hauled them to the car for us and we headed home. It was fantastic. So that catches you up until mid October.








2 comments:

  1. Colby should be very proud of that pumpkin! It is HUGE! That farm looked so fun! Brody and Colby are getting to be such big boys! SO CUTE! The next time I see you, I HAVE to look at that Brag Book! HEHE! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this time of year!!! I love the pumpkin patch! I am glad that you were able to find a better one! Looks like you had such a great time!

    ReplyDelete