Precious to Me

There are so many times I wished I could have been the fly on the wall...when the boys were playing well together, or could have just heard something cute the boys said or told to me one more time. I love this. We were all going to bed in our hotel room when we were at the Gaylord Texan for Ice. Never are we all in the same room. Brody in the port-a-crib, Colby in his own Queen Bed, and Matt and I in another. Lights off. Bed time.

Colby - "Brody"
Brody - no answer
Colby - "Brody"
Brody - no answer
Colby - "Brody, will you protect me?"
Brody - no answer
Colby - "BRODY" - much louder now
Me - " leave him alone, he is trying to sleep. So are the rest of us."
Silence......
1 minute later....
Brody - "Colby"
Colby - no answer
Brody - "Colby I go night night"
Colby - no answer
Brody - "Colby??!?"
Colby - " Yes, Brody...will you protect me?"
Brody - "Ok"
Colby - "Ok good"
Silence.....
1 minute later....
Snoring...both of them....
Colby and Brody asleep.
Mom and Dad snickering...trying really hard not to burst out in full laughter as they have this conversation.
Priceless Parenting!

I absolutely treasure these moments as silly and probably insignificant as they are. These are the moments that make all of the hard work and craziness that goes with being a parent totally worth it. Little precious moments of time like this. I need more of this!

3 comments:

  1. SO precious Beth!!! So very very precious!!! I am so glad that you wrote about this! You will always want to remember that little sweet converstaion amongst the two of them! Darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I WISH I WOULD have been a fly on a WALL that VERY NIGHT....:) SO precious INDEED! I can hear their voices as you tell this story...So sweet! :) Just wait till you share this with them when they are 20! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. TOO cute! Those are the moments you don't want to ever forget huh?! Hope all is well. What a cool ice exhibit

    ReplyDelete