Cheerio

We had to say too many goodbyes, to way to many amazing, neighbors, friends, ward members, and family members when we got back from vacation. Time literally slipped away from us, and it was incredibly hard for us to say goodbye. This move was seriously bitter sweet. It was an answer to prayers in so many ways, but on the flip side it was also completely devastating to move away from Matt's whole family. We love them so much. The boys have a special relationship with their Mimi and Papa and we miss Sunday dinners and being so close that we can visit whenever we want. We miss our cousins so much too! There just are not words.
We tried for about a month to figure out what to do with Colby's fishy "Blackie." A mention of giving him to a friend brought him to inconsolable tears. The thought of him not making the trip to Texas was unbearable, and the likelihood of him actually surviving an hour out of his tank without an aerator was unrealistic. Matt and I seriously googled humane ways to take care of this problem if you know what I mean. Bleach came to mind. But we never could bring ourselves to do it. My dad had a great idea. He said to let him go in the Power Ranch pond and make it a party. So we did just that.
We made cupcakes, had bubbles and balloons, and we sent "Blackie" off in style. Colby was still sad. There were many tears before and after but he was very excited that his fish got to go live in the big pond.
Literally the night before I left my sweet girlfriends and I went out and had a girls night. I can't thank Jen enough for the awesome send off and all my girls for their amazing friendships! I miss you guys so much! Katie thank you so much for bringing your camera so we could take this picture. It was really awesome to be able to spend one last GNO with you all! Love you all and please keep in touch!


2 comments:

  1. Ok..I did not EVEN think about his poor fishie...:( What a great idea though about the pond! Poor Colbs..:( Hmmmm. I have a grand idea! :) HEHE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you so much!!!! I wish I could have been at the GNO to to give you another hug before you left! :( You are going to be so missed! You are one AMAZING woman!!! I love you dearly!!!!

    ReplyDelete